In this fifth episode of our third season we had the pleasure of speaking with Paul Charles of Charles Wine Company! In our conversation we talked about:
- Being one of 16 children!
- Wine Kits
- Jungle Juice
- Lodi, CA
- So much more!
Paul’s Bio: The Los Angeles-based Charles Wine Company was founded by Paul Charles, De’Ondre Charles and Dr. Cherise Moore in 2012 and launched its first label in 2014. Their dream started in 2007 with a trip to Temecula Valley Wine Country for wine tasting, which lead them to the cellar with the winemaker/owner doing a barrel tasting. This introduction sparked Paul’s interest to purchase his first premium wine kit, which began their journey. After a few successful bottles, Paul decided to convert his backyard into a small vineyard, growing a few rows of Cabernet and Zinfandel. The grapes were crushed by hand to produce our first bottle of wine. Paul landed a side job in the industry and began to work for a large wine producer selling their Boutique wines along the California Coast in large box store outlets. Then after, Paul started his own Wine Broker service (Varietal Wine Brokers) and distributed premium/boutique wines for five wineries. The Team took two weeks to travel across the United States visiting wineries from Florida to California. Then after they started their journey abroad, stopping off in Spain, France, Switzerland, Greece and Italy. They also made it a priority to meet and work with winemakers at their various stops, whose passion rubbed off on Paul enough he decided to launch their own label. The Last Five Sips:
- If money were no object, what bottle of wine would you splurge on and why? The most expensive wines in Bordeaux and sharing them with Friends
- Who would you love to share a bottle with, living or deceased? Grandmother, Father and President Obama
- What are some of the things you do or read to keep up to speed on what is happening in the wine industry? Being “in the field” and out there talking to people
- What advice would you give you your 22 year old self? Keep moving and don’t’ settle!
- When you finish your day and sit down with your favorite glass of wine, what is on your music playlist? West Coast Rap (Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar) and R&B
How you can connect with Paul online and on Social Media: Online: https://charleswineco.com/
Instagram: @charleswineco Email: email@example.com Resource Links: https://www.goldenstarvineyards.com/shop-wine http://www.lodiwine.com/ https://www.winemakersdepot.com/Wine-Kits-Listed-by-Brand-C39.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkKPVBRDtARIsAA2CG6Fj3IDL-mvsPGl62t4IUt-Mb2cBx7tp44PfEB22_aU26z06Jv_cILEaAqy1EALw_wcB